Important Information for Remote Learning at MFISD
In compliance with Governor Abbott's Executive Order issued April 24th, 2020, MFISD has extended it suspension of normal school operations for the remainder of the school year.
UIL has cancelled all competitions, performances, games, rehearsals, etc. for the remainder of the 2019-2020 competition year.
During remote instruction, initial information will be made available no later than March 30, 2020. From that point forward you will receive regular instructional updates to occur no less than once a week.
-Information for elementary instruction will be provided by teacher email and on the campus website.
-Information for secondary instruction will be provided through teacher email and Google Classroom.
Remote Learning Grade Calculation in Skyward Family Access
PK-2nd: Please refer to the Parent Grading Letter for information. There are no grade calculation changes.
For 3rd – 12th grades the current grading categories in Skyward Family Access are Major, Minor, and Daily. Due to system limitations, Skyward will not allow us to change the number of categories in the midst of a school year. Please see below for an explanation of how grades will be recorded and calculated:
- 3rd-5th - We are moving from three categories to one category. All grades will count equally and will be recorded in the Daily category.
- 6th-12th - We are moving from three categories to two categories.
- Catagory 1: "Application" grades will count for 65% of the student’s 4th 9 weeks grade. Teachers will enter the same application grade in the Daily and Major categories (totals 65%).
- Catagory 2: "Evaluation" grades will count for 35% of the student’s 4th 9 weeks grade. Teachers will enter the Evaluation grade in the Minor category (35%).
Also...we have provided resources and ideas through our Healthy Mustangs website to help maintain social and emotional health during this time of distancing. Click here for these reousces: Healthy Mustangs
Need Other Types of Assistance? Check out these help lines:
Technology: Staff & Parents: 830-798-3631
Special Education: 830-798-3516
To provide students access to Wi-Fi, MFISD will be strategically parking buses around the Highland Lakes community so that students/ parents can drive up and access the internet. These buses are going to be LOCKED and no entry will be available. Connecting to the Wi-Fi will be as easy as pulling up near or around a designated school bus and your device will connect. Buses will be parked for Wi-Fi access from the hours of 8AM-6PM. Locations listed below:
- Crockett Park - Sherwood Forest Dr. & E. Granite Castle Dr.
- El Tapatillo Restaurant Parking Lot - 6924 RR 1431
- Valley View Park-1512 Kingston Dr.
- Community Park- 4111 Cottonwood Dr.
- The Church at Horseshoe Bay- 600 Hi Ridge Rd.
- Spicewood Beach
In addition to the locations above, Free Wi-Fi is is available at the following locations:
Marble Falls ISD Campus Parking Lots - School issued devices should automatically connect
- High School - The access point is located on the Athletics side of the student Parking Lot
- Middle School - Located on the Gym Side Parking lot from the Technology Building
- Colt Elementary - Located at the front of the building visitor side parking lot
- Highland Lakes Elementary - Located in Front of the building Visitor parking lot
- Marble Falls Elementary - Located in Front of building visitor parking lot
- Spicewood Elementary - Located in Front of building Visitor parking lot
Additional Locations Can be found HERE (Thanks to those who are making WiFi available as a service to our students):
As part of support during remote instruction, Marble Falls ISD will provide curbside meals at Marble Falls Middle School Concession Stand (2101 Pony Drive), Highland Lakes Elementary School (8200 Ranch Rd 1431, Granite Shoals, TX) and Spicewood Elementary School (1005 Spur 191, Spicewood, TX 78669) in the drop-off & pick-up lane.
* 11:30 a.m - 1:00 p.m. we will provide a breakfast/lunch combo - the Friday service will inlcude weekend meals as well!
Staff will be ready to serve curbside as you drive up!
Families – please remember that MFISD is offering Curbside Combo’s (lunch and breakfast) from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday).
Parents can currently pick up meals for their children without the children being physically present. Updated regulations require parents having some sort of document to show the student is enrolled in MFISD. In order to help with this, you will receive (or may have already received) an e-mail from MFISD to indicate that your student is eligible to participate. Please keep a copy (paper or digital) of this letter in your vehicle. If you are unsure about how this affects you, come get meals and we will help you with this tomorrow.
Familias: recuerden que el Distrito Escolar de Marble Falls (MFISD) está ofreciendo Almuerzos y Desayunos de la 11:30 a.m. a 1:00 p.m. (Lunes a Viernes).
Los padres pueden recoger comidas para sus hijos sin que los niños estén físicamente presentes. Las regulaciones actualizadas requieren que los padres tengan algún tipo de documento para mostrar que el estudiante está inscrito en MFISD. Para ayudar con esto, recibirá (o puede que ya haya recibido) un correo electrónico de MFISD para indicar que su estudiante es elegible para participar. Guarde una copia (en papel o digital) de esta carta en su vehículo. Si no está seguro de cómo esto lo afecta, venga a comer y lo ayudaremos con esto mañana.