Degrees and Certifications:
BA - English Professional Certification - English Language Arts & Reading - 8th through 12th
Mrs. Shannon Meyer
I feel very blessed and privileged to be part of the educational team at MFHS! I am starting my 6th year with MFISD. Our campus strives every day to encourage and inspire every student to reach their fullest potential! As an ELAR teacher, I specifically focus on helping students continue to develop and strengthen their reading comprehension and analysis skills through a wide range of reading materials selected from a wide variety of genres and authors. Similarly, both written and oral communication skills are strengthened through multiple varieties of writing activities, projects, and presentations.
This year I will be leading the AP Language & Composition course. The following information is taken directly from the College Board's website:
The AP English Language and Composition course focuses on the development and revision of evidence-based analytic and argumentative writing, the rhetorical analysis of nonfiction texts, and the decisions writers make as they compose and revise. Students evaluate, synthesize, and cite research to support their arguments. Additionally, they read and analyze rhetorical elements and their effects in nonfiction texts—including images as forms of text—
from a range of disciplines and historical periods.
Please note - there IS a summer reading project for this course. All students enrolled were provided a copy of this project before the end of the school year. However, it can also be accessed by clicking here: AP ELA Lang & Comp Summer Reading Project
- Graduate of Uvalde High School class of 1988
- AA in Liberal Arts (magna cum laude) – Southwest Texas Junior College – 1990
- BA in English with a Minor in Business Administration (suma cum laude) – Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College – 2008
- Currently enrolled in Schreiner University's Masters of Education Leadership Program - expected graduation date Feb. 2023
- Education Certification in ELA 8th – 12th
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org