Frequently Asked Questions
1. What qualifications must an applicant meet?
Qualifications can be found listed in the Substitute Teacher Job Description
Substitute Teachers must work AT MINIMUM ten (10) days per year in order to remain in the pool.
2. How do I apply to be a Substitute Teacher for MFISD?
Click here to apply
3. How do I get my fingerprints done?
You will receive an email from Identogo with a link to set up your appointment once you reach that step in the application process
4. I've had my fingerprints done before - can you just use those?
All employees of a Texas public school district must be fingerprinted under a specific entity: State Board of Educator Certification. Unfortunately, we are not able to access criminal history results generated for any other entity (ie. Social Worker, Realtor, Child Protective Services).
5. What documents must be provided at New Substitute Orientation?
Transcript (High School or College)