MARBLE FALLS ISD NOTICE OF REFUSAL OF ENTRY OR EJECTION FROM DISTRICT PROPERTY
The District has the right to refuse entry to or eject a person from property under the District's control if the person refuses to leave peaceably upon request and:
- The individual poses a substantial risk of harm to any person; or
- The individual continues to behave in a manner inappropriate for the school setting after having received a verbal or written warning to cease the inappropriate behavior.
A person ejected from or refusal entry to District property under this provision may appeal this action by filing an appeal under FNG(LOCAL) or GF(LOCAL). Any such appeal will be heard by the Board of Trustees within 90 days, unless an appeal is granted before the Board of Trustees considers the appeal. The decision of the Board to grant or deny an appeal is final and may only be further appealed under the applicable provisions of Texas Education Code section 7.057.
Texas Education Code Sec. 37.105. UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS: REFUSAL OF ENTRY, EJECTION, IDENTIFICATION.
- A school administrator, school resource officer, or school district peace officer of a school district may refuse to allow a person to enter on or may eject a person from property under the district's control if the person refuses to leave peaceably on request and:
- the person poses a substatinal risk of harm to any person; or
- the person behaves in a manner that is inappropriate for a school setting and:
- the administrator, resource officer, or peace officer issues a verbal warning to the person that the person's behavior is inappropriate and may result in the person's refusal of entry or ejection; and
- the person persists in that behavior.
- Identification may be required of any person on the property.
- Each school district shall maintain a record of each verbal warning issued under Subsection (a)(2)(A), including the name of the person to whom the warning was issued and the date of issuance.
- At the time a person is refused entry to or ejected from a school district's property under this section, the district shall provide to the person written information explaining the appeal process established under Subsection (h).
- If a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in a school district is refused entry to the district's property under this section, the district shall accommodate the parent or guardian to ensure that the parent or guardian may participate in the child's admission, review, and dismissal committee or in the child's team established under Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. Section 794), in accordance with federal law.
- The term of a person's refusal of entry to or ejection from a school district's property under this section may not exceed two years.
- A school district shall post on the district's Internet website and each district campus shall post on any Internet website of the campus a notice regarding the provisions of this section, including the appeal process established under Subsection (h).
- The commissioner shall adopt rules to implement this section, including rules establishing a process for a person to appeal to the board of trustees of the school district the decision under Subsection (a) to refuse the person's entry to or eject the person from the district's property.
See also Title 19, Texas Administrative Code § 103.1207.